Incident can be said to anything that hackles the business continuity. Being in the IT services, we call IT incident to any disruption that will affect anything from a single user to the entire business.
An Incident can be termed when an error occurs which should define a fault, an error, a problem, or the subject that didn’t work. The impact of an incident that occurred is immediate on the customer.
IT Incident Management is said to be the process of managing IT service disturbances and restoring services. Incident Management will restore the service as quickly as possible after the incident had occurred. It will minimize the impact of query and trouble on the business.
Incident Management may also be defined as a process for logging, recording, and resolving incidents. The main aim of Incident Management is to restore the services to the customers with a temporary fix as soon as possible until a permanent solution is provided.
The aim of Incident Management is to restore normal service performance as soon as possible and to minimize the adverse effects on business operations, ensuring the quality and availability of the service.
Objectives of Incident Management
- Standardized methods are used for efficient response, analysis, documentation, ongoing management, and reporting of incidents.
- High visibility and communication of queries to IT support staff.
- Maintain user satisfaction with quality service.
Cases of Incidents
- Service’s unavailability – In case if you have difficulty in using the application due to unavailability of the service or by any reason if service or feature gets unavailable to use.
- Error messages in application – Sometimes, it happens that unwanted or unnecessary messages turn to pop up regarding a few errors.
- Application query preventing a user from working – If you have any problem regarding the use or working or functionality of the application.
- Disk space full – In any case your system’s space gets full and you are unable to function appropriately.
- Technical incident – In case any technical issue occurs that disrupt your work procedure like a failure of any configuration item.
- System down – If by chance your system gets down due to any reason by which your work gets interrupted.
- New Hardware issues – If your new hardware system gets any work efficiency problem or if in case you are not able to operate it in an exact manner.
Submit and Manage Incidents
It takes your few seconds only to create the incident report that keeps a detail regarding which service is affected, to whom it is assigned, what task is to be done, and till when it should be resolved. While adding information you can add context information along with the custom field to know everything you need. All the listed incidents will be visible on your dashboard; therefore, you can work according to the priority demand of the incidents.
Customers can easily raise their issue on a simple online portal provided by Asset Infinity just by entering their ticket. Customers can choose the question from the pre-defined category if not, then, you can just add it manually. Customers can also keep the track of submission of the reported ticket and can maintain touch with the assignee until the procedure of resolving is completed.
Stages involved in Incident Management
There are four stages of major incidents that are considered in Incident Management:
- Initial Response –
Incident details are logged at the service desk and configuration details are taken from the configuration management database.
- Consolidation Phase –
The detection and recording of incidents are done along with its investigation and diagnosis after which resolution and recovery of the service are completed.
- Recovery Phase –
After the resolution, the incident comes to its closure. Work regarding incident’s ownership, monitoring, and communication are finished.
- Restoration of Normality –
When the communication with the user regarding the incident’s workaround and request of change is done then, the incident is updated with the record.
Benefits of Incident Management
There are various benefits to be gained from Incident Management, some of them are as follows:
- Improved services to customers in the aspect of quality.
- Detailed information on the aspect of reliability on service.
- Reporting of the issue allows you to track the ticket status with reminders and escalations.
- Workflows and SLA’s assures you that the incident will be addressed and not forgotten.
- Our Incident Management Software automatically calculates TAT i.e., Turn Around Time by which you can keep a regular eye on the time taken to resolve the issue; till the time the ticket is closed.
- We at Asset Infinity maintain all changes and updates done on a ticket and export all information in a PDF at any time.
- Reduction in the impact of incidents.
- Resolving the incident priory rather than its problem.
- Improved monitoring and the ability to explain the reports.
This is how the Incident Management System actually works making it easy to manage and control the efforts of your organization to cope up with all the queries and issues that occur to hold your working. The system provides you the streamlined process cycle of incident management making it user-friendly, which is leveraged with the ticket fulfillment process.