There are various types of Maintenance. Some of them are reactive in nature some are proactive then there is precision maintenance! When you apply precision maintenance in your practice, and an organization it not only leads to decreasing vibration of the machine but also efficiency increases and it reduces maintenance cost.
You will notice its output from the beginning and afterward! Furthermore, assets and equipment do not suffer from breakdown, it runs splendidly for more. Asset efficiency and accessibility all increase. You get more opportunity to make more items, at less expense to sell for more profit utilizing fewer individuals.
At the point when precision upkeep is appropriately applied there is an astounding improvement in gear unwavering quality and an enormous, supported decrease in general operational costs that moves through to new and on-going working benefits.
By actualizing an accuracy support program, you focus on guaranteeing disappointment avoidance and imperfection disposal in the assignments performed on your machines and gear by your upkeep and tasks individuals. Thanks to precision maintenance! But what is precision maintenance!
What Is Precision Maintenance?
Precision maintenance is a term combined with two words precise which mean accuracy and maintenance mean the act of maintaining. The accuracy is needed in maintaining assets so that assets become more reliable and performance is increased. In this maintenance, small details are noticed and work is done on them as well. To make precision maintenance successful asset history is also explored so that technicians can make decisions based on accurate information.
What Are the Important Factors of Precision Maintenance?
Below we have discussed several important factors of precision maintenance that organizations need to understand first before implementing it:
- Proper and accurate documenting is done to maintain asset accuracy!
- High-skilled & knowledgeable employees are required to those who know machines to maintain the effectiveness of precision maintenance.
- Training must be given to the maintenance team for effective and accurate maintenance.
- Precision maintenance can be time-consuming.
- Accuracy of maintenance varies from industry to industry and operation to operation.
- To maintain preciseness, good quality inventory is utilized and best practices are implemented by maintenance managers.
- Technicians shall have access to inventory and necessary equipment other than this asset history and manual shall be accessible.
What Are the Benefits of Precision Maintenance?
The benefits of precision maintenance are as follow:
1. Minimizing Downtime
Downtime is always a big issue for an organization as downtime is a factor for decreased productivity. When precision maintenance is applied it is simpler for technicians to follow a standard of the same maintenance.
2. Increasing Efficiency
When assets are provided precision maintenance it leads to more efficiency, performance is also increased and equipment can operate longer than before. Overall, the productivity increases of equipment, and it also affects the bottom line by boosting it.
3. Avoiding Sudden Breakdown
Sudden asset breakdown can result in the halted work procedure. It impacts the production work especially if new products are created. It results in inventory wastage. But with precision maintenance, you can avoid sudden breakdown.
4. Continuous Improving Process
This process is a long and continuous process to make it better and more efficient. This makes assets and equipment stronger; healthier and asset life is also extended.
What Are the Examples of Precision Maintenance?
Precision is done in many ways and to do several factors are considered such as related to inventory, asset, environment, planning, and so on. The example of precision maintenance are as follows:
- An environment that is clean and hygienic
- High-quality lubricant
- Calibration and adjustment are also done
- An inventory shall be available in stock
A real scenario is if a machine is making 100 revolutions in a minute which is over-performing because it is leaving the heat. Then changes are made revolutions are decreased so that heating is controlled. It only makes the machine perfect & endures power is also boosted.
We know that every organization has lots of assets and keeping them maintained is a huge task. That is why you need to invest in asset management software. It provides several benefits including maintenance. You can keep track of maintenance and also maintain each asset’s history that can help in managing the life cycle. Furthermore, maintenance management software helps in tracking maintenance for every piece of equipment, and precision maintenance can assist in accurate maintenance.
At the point when actualized appropriately a precision upkeep plan can be an immense aid concerning reducing downtime and increment creation levels. Although it requires cautious planning through documentation and skilled representatives to perform upkeep work at its most noteworthy conceivable level.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The advantages of asset management are as follow:
1. Avoid asset theft
2. Asset tracking
3. Maintenance tracking
4. Asset management reports
5. Informed decision making
6. Better inventory management
7. Saving unnecessary expenses
8. Increasing asset life
1. Categorize each piece of equipment as per the criticality and dependency! if assets require high maintenance, moderate maintenance, or low maintenance.
2. Ensure maintenance team has knowledge & understanding of existing assets and equipment. They are skilled and training is provided to everyone. At regular intervals, training is provided whenever a new update is launched or a new machine is purchased.
3. Invest in a required asset management software.
4. Ensure the availability of required equipment and inventory for technicians.
Corrective maintenance, condition-based maintenance, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, emergency maintenance. Preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance are the most used maintenance types. According to Statista, “It is expected that the global predictive maintenance market will reach around 23.5 billion U.S. dollars by 2024. The market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of almost 40 percent between 2018 and 2024.”